The term “sleeper car” refers to a vehicle that looks like an ordinary vehicle, but has a lot of power under the hood. People who wish to disgrace expensive sports and muscle vehicles will love sleeper cars.
Numerous manufacturers have adapted the sleeper vehicle concept throughout the years, resulting in a variety of ready-to-drive models. Here are 7 best sleeper cars that would be ideal for anyone.
1. AUDI RS2
The Audi RS2’s coolest feature isn’t its performance or handling prowess. Because the RS2 is a mix of Audi and Porsche, it’s one of the most interesting sleeper cars on the market today.
The 2.2-liter inline-five engine produces 311 horsepower and a 308 pound-feet of torque, and the Quattro all-wheel-drive system ensures that all four wheels get part of that power.
The suspension, brakes, and wheels all came from Porsche, as did the side mirrors. The wheels were derived from a (964) 911 Turbo. To top it all off, the 0-60 mph sprint took only 4.8 seconds, and if the law allowed it, the automobile might go on to reach speeds of almost 160 mph. You could even take the entire family on a summer road trip with ample space for everyone’s baggage without anybody noticing.
2. 1991 GMC SYCLONE
The inside of the Syclone is stylish and it is an absolute beast in terms of performance. The 4.3-liter V-6 was turbocharged to 14 psi and provided plenty of power.
Overall, the Syclone produced 280 horsepower at 4,400 revolutions per minute. 65 percent of the power was sent to the rear axle, with the remaining 35 percent going to the front. In 14.1 seconds, the quarter-mile was completed at 126 mph.
3. 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER
The Marauder was not more than a Grand Marquis underneath based on the Ford Panther-platform. Its personality, on the other hand, was utterly unique. This police interceptor-based car had a 4.6-L DOHC V-8 engine with four-valve cylinders that put out 302 hp at 5,750 rpm.
The Mercury Marauder used a 4-speed automatic transmission, limited-slip differential, and an all-aluminum driveshaft to get power to the rear wheels. With a torque output of 318 pound-feet of twist at 4,300 rpm, it was the most powerful engine we tested.
4. MAZDASPEED 6
The Mazdaspeed6 (MPS for short) was a statement of on-the-road control that was both exciting and well-balanced. We’d say it was a great sleeper vehicle.
This car’s 274 horsepower and a 280 pound-feet of torque was worth every cent of its price.
With a reworked 2.3-L DOHC MZR engine 0-60mph was achieved in 6.2 seconds, and the top speed was 149 mph, making it one of the best sleeper cars.
5. Ford Taurus SHO (4th Generation)
Extraordinary Capacity! That was the case with the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO. The Taurus SHO was unveiled in Chicago in 2009 and was constructed on the Ford D3 platform. It weighed 4,358 pounds.
The 365-horsepower, a 350-pound-feet twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6 was installed by Ford to move all that weight.
With the SHO Performance package, customers could also have enhanced cooling, high-performance brake pads, aluminum wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, and an additional track setting for the ESC. Additionally, power steering, all-wheel drive on demand, and torque vectoring dependent on the brakes were all standard. The quarter mile was completed in 13.7 sec at 103.2 mph in only 5.2 seconds.
6. Volvo S80
Designed for the needs of families, the Volvo S80 is a spacious and practical Swedish sedan. There was plenty of room for everyone’s belongings in the cabin plus a spacious trunk. Additionally, the S80 had a wide range of engine options, ranging from two to nine in various regions! A multitude of 4-cylinder models were offered, six gasoline and three diesel.
An inline-6 turbocharged engine and an inline-8 naturally aspirated V8 are two of the S80’s “sleeper” options. The 300 and 320-horsepower engines in this vehicle may be readily modified to create considerably more power, transforming it from a safe family transporter to a raucous sleeper.
7. Mercury Marauder
At roughly 300 horsepower, the engine’s four-speed automatic gearbox was capable of shifting the vehicle’s rear wheels. Because of the engine’s long-term dependability, it’s a wonderful starting point for customizing, and the result is a muscle sedan that’s far faster than it has to be. Another benefit of the Marauder is that it resembles an undercover Crown Vic police car, allowing prospective owners to indulge their aspirations of becoming a police officer.
This was our list of the 7 best sleeper cars till date. How did you find the sleeper cars which we have mentioned? Do you have any other recommendations to be added into this list? Do let us know in the comments.