Do you know how to remove spray paint from the car? Well, there are multiple methods that one can follow to do this task. We are here to help you all learn and understand the most effective ones.
It feels very frustrating to see spray paint damage on your car, especially if it is a new one. Also, this needs an immediate solution before any severe damage. Therefore, to avoid this type of incident, you should always use the best car spray paint gun, click here for getting the best one. You also need to find out how to get spray paint off. Keep in mind that if it stays there for a long time, simple and inexpensive methods won’t work at all. So, work out the solution quickly.
How to remove spray paint from the car?
For serious spray paint mishaps on a car need professional help. However, some owners know how to remove spray paint from the car using the inexpensive and cost-effective methods. These methods are extremely easy to follow at home.
Here, we will look into different methods. They are equally useful for professionals as well as novices for automotive spray paint removal. These are as follows:
1. Soap and Water Method
- Mix water and soap and shake well. Make sure that both mix and form an excellent solution. This is a simple but very effective method of paint removal for cars.
- Start scrubbing this solution in a circular motion. Move from outwards towards the inward side of the spray paint patch. It will save the clean car paint coating from damage.
- Rinse off the extra soap on the car surface with clean warm water.
- Again, clean the surface with water and then dry the surface with soft towel material.
2. Nail Polish Remover Method
- Nail polish remover is another spray paint remover that you can use. Put it on a clean cloth and start rubbing on the car surface that has spray paint patches.
- Rub in a circular motion, and move from outside towards the inside surface. This motion will help in the easy and quick removal of spray paint.
- Make sure that you rinse off all the nail polish from the car surface. If it stays there, it will start to wear away the original car paint coating. This will expose it to external damages.
3. Lacquer Thinner Method
- To learn how to remove spray paint from the car with lacquer thinner, start by collecting the ingredients. Other than the thinner, get a clean cloth for this process.
- Start rubbing a small amount of thinner on the car surface with spray paint. Make sure you have water with you so that you may remove the lacquer thinner from the car surface as soon as it starts affecting the original car paint.
- Rub the surface vigorously so that every dot of the spray paint may come off of the car surface.
- In the end, make sure you rinse the car surface with clean water. It will save the car from damages to thinner residues. It can eat away the original paint of the car, so never skip the rinsing step.
4. Rubbing Compound Method
- Collect the rubbing compound, wax, and a clean cloth.
- Apply the rubbing compound on the cloth and start rubbing the car surface that has undesirable paint patches.
- During the previous step, keep in mind that the original car paint does not come off. If it starts to come off, this is the time to stop the rubbing process.
- Be patient while rubbing the car surface as the removal of spray paint will take some time.
- Towards the end, wax the car surface to bring back the original shine. It will also protect the car from future incidents. This is how to get spray paint off a car by using rubbing compounds.
5. Gasoline Method
- The use of gasoline is the simplest method if you are wondering how to get paint off the car. Just take a small amount of gasoline. Put it onto a clean cloth piece or towel.
- Now start rubbing on the surface that has damage or abrasion.
- You can start by applying it to the test area so that you may know how the car surface will react. If the test area does not show any negative reaction, continue with the original car surface.
- After some rubbing time, make sure you clean the car surface with soap and water. This will save the clear coat of the car from any damage due to gasoline residues.
6. Clay Bar Method
- First, purchase the clay bar kit to remove spray paint from the car. Cut a small portion of it that is enough to clean the whole car. Make it a circular shape so that it covers the larger surface of the car.
- Now apply lubricant on one of the sides of this clay bar piece.
- In this step, start rubbing the bar onto the car surface that you need to clean. Do it with firmness. However, avoid applying extra pressure for removing the car paint.
- After rubbing for enough time, remove the lubricant by using a clean towel.
- In the end, wax the car surface to protect the car from damage on the car surface due to spray paint.
Keep in mind that no matter which of the above methods you use, you have to wash the car at the end. Even before you learn how to remove spray paint from a car, you must fix this step in your mind. It is extremely important to follow. Otherwise, chemical residues can eat away the car’s original paint. You can also choose to get professional washing services after this to ensure no residue is left.
Also, some companies specifically made spray paint removers that are easily available. They offer it with car painting equipment, but not always. However, these removers are far more expensive than the methods given above. Although the reviews are very good from users, the cost-effective side is still not satisfactory for many people. So, if you are also one of those, try one of the above methods. We are sure that you will be happy with the results.